Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Little Christmas Time!

Yes, I wanted to do Halloween!  It took every once of strength to keep me away from all the ghoulish thoughts, but I decided to go ahead with Christmas for CC2 #24 and Tim's "October - 12 Tags of 2012."  That lovely lady at Studio L-3 has us hitting the bottles again for technique #24, Alcohol Resist!  OK, Alcohol Ink Resist on page 59!  I used this technique on both the tag and card.  Out of respect to Tim, we can only tell you how fun these challenges are and to get the book!   Last week I was the lucky winner of Linda's CC2 #23 package of goodies provided by Mario!  How exciting is that?  Big thank you again, Linda!  That lady surely does rock! 
I did a tag for Tim's challenge and a card for Linda's!  For Tim's tag, I pretty much followed his instructions, but changed up the theme and colors.  The edges of the tags were inked with the Silver dabber paint, as were the ornament tops.  For the card, I followed the instructions on page 52.  The background was embossed and then I ran a white craft ink pad over the top and clear embossed. 
Currently at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, all seasonal Stampers Anonymous stamps are an additional 15% off through Thursday, so take a look!  Don't forget that Linda already has prices marked below MSRP, so this is a real treat! 

24 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific tags Terry, loving the colour combo and great techniques. Hugs Annette x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oooh, two totally yummy Christmas pieces! I too love the blue and silver combo. Super challenge pieces Terry! And thanks for mentioning my sale on the seasonal stamp sets.

Hugs,
Linda

Cynthia said...

Ooo, awesome take on Tim's tag! Love the colors that you used--they're so icy! Really beautiful!

Debi said...

Lovely and christmassy terry :-) debi x

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Terry, your ornaments are beautiful! I love how you placed them against the tag/card... the technique just pops that way! Really fab work, as always. And congrats on your win from last week!

Jan Hennings said...

WoW and more WOW! LOVE these :)

2amscrapper said...

wonderful, wonderful!

wwilloww said...

I love both your tag and card!!! Your color choice is perfect!!! I loved tim's tag for Oct. Have to find the tissue roll so I can do that technique. I love those wrinkles...LOL...

Pam said...

Just love the colors on both! And congrats on your win!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I love the tags- have not made a one this year yet...... I am glad you also made a card- it is fun to see both. Love the special touches and really like the color: ) Congrats on your win last week- so fun!

Valerie-Jael said...

These are gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon said...

Both of these are great Terry - I love the embossed & textured background and great xmas ornaments!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, Love these, like the idea of the heat embossing on the embossed card, bet it gives a lovely texture.
Avril xx

Vada said...

OM Goodness Terry, this is sooo refeshing to see something other than dark and spooky stuff.
Outstanding work on both tag and card. Oh before I forget, Congrats on your win over at Studio L3.
You Rock!
Hugs Vada

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love both the tag and the card!! You did a wonderful job!!!

1CardCreator said...

Wow Terry these both look awesome, love all the extra details you put into these!

Alexa said...

Great work - love that blue and the embossed card background is amazing!

Unknown said...

Amazingly good looking tags Terry, such fabulous colours, a perfect colour combo for Christmas!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful effect, really does have a wintry "Brrrrr" appearance.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Both tag and ATC are gorgeous - love the resist you've created in the baubles - really looks so frosty and glassy...
Alison x

Donna Gibson said...

Hi Terry, These are both beautiful! I love the technique on the ornament die. What a great idea! I'm with you...I think I'm done with Halloween for now. Moving on to Christmas!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love these both! The card almost looks like it's flocked, I really like the look GF.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

I love your spin on Tim's tag!

Kim said...

Love the Christmas take on these projects! I sure do find that alcohol resist technique tricky!

Blog Archive