Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tim's August Tag of 2014

It is TAG FRIDAY (Thursday here) at A Vintage Journey and the announcement of our winner and Pinworthies! There is still time to join in the latest challenge, "Time Flies," so stop on by.

My tag is based on Tim's August Tag for 2014, but I decided to go a more feminine path and used butterflies and of course keeping with my love all grunge! Hey, a girl has to do what makes her happy, right?
I followed Tim's instructions and used a variety of stamps. Inspiration Journal's August challenge is "Anything Goes" and so this tag is going to those nice people for a visit.
After I tissue wrapped and stamped, I used the Harlequin and Speckles stencils for the texture. Once dried, I applied Distress Stains, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Weathered Wood. The leftovers were also used to dye my ribbon tie.

For my filmstrip contribution to the tag, some butterflies were cut from the Butterfly Frenzy (love the variation in size) and glued down on tissue wrap and then I applied my filmstrip using two way tape. I also cut some butterflies from tissue wrap that was applied to lightweight card stock. Some of those did not make the cut! Ha!Ha!
And I changed up the label a little with one of my butterflies.
As the label states so perfectly, ENJOY TODAY and thank you for stopping by.

31 comments:

Sharon said...

This is stunning Terry - so much detail and texture to look at! Beautiful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just love all of the fab details- and the colors you used. The texture and depth you achieved- fab!

wwilloww said...

Just beautiful Terry!!! I love your layering and detail work!

Michele said...

such subtlety and beauty. i adore it. xo

Electra said...

Oh my, this is a masterpiece, Terry!

Rika said...

This is beautiful!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag, love the colour and style. Hugs, Valerie

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Loads of details to admire Terry...a stunning tag!
greetings, Alie

Redanne said...

Wow Terry, your tag is gorgeous! I love the soft colour tones and that beautiful stamping - just gorgeous! Anne xx

Shirley said...

Wow and more, such a lot going on. So glad you gave us all the lovely pictures. The tag looked just great with the background, stamping and inking but when you added the overlay of embellishments it just came to life.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Wow! I just LOVE this Terry. So much detail and texture and the colour combination is just so gorgeous. A beautifully designed tag (as always!). Jennie x

Ruby Craft said...


so pretty! love the colors. the butterflies, the details and all of the texture.

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Terry. This tag looks incredible!!! I especially love the textured splots...they look amazing!
Dot x

Nikki Acton said...

OOH such great texture and depth you have created Terry - stunning work. Nikki xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

This is a real stunner Terry. The textures and colours are wonderfully created, I think this is my favourite version of Tim's August tag :)

Great weekend

Hugs
Donna xx

Jenny Marples said...

It feels like I've peeked inside a botanists notes here Terry and it all blends together so well. Seriously need to borrow your sunshine too! Jenny x

Juliz Design Post said...

Stunning work with amazing depth and texture, really eye catching.
Julie x

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous tag Terry, love all the stuff going on here, so beautiful and so detailed too! ~Diane

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Terry this is stunning!! Love the colour palette and the way you put it all together, such great layering of all those wonderful butterflies! Love it!!

Mrs.B said...

Stunning tag Terry, love all the details and wonderful textures.
Avril xx

Karin said...

Wonderful tag, beautiful textured!
Groetjes Karin

Meggymay said...

Wonderful textures and background. The tag looks amazing.
Yvonne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So cool, that's a great take on Tim's tag. Mine is still on my to-do-list.

Martina said...

Oh, Terry - You were very busy during my absence and a creation is more beautiful than the next. I'm so blown away by your artistic talent. Love this tag. So beautifully crafted!

Unknown said...

Stunning piece Terry! Definitely one of my favourites of your creations!! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Words and Pictures said...

I'm completely in love with this tag, Terry... a fabulous take on Tim's inspiration with beautiful colour and stamp choices... It may be a new favourite for me here.
Alison xx

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and so much beautiful patterns and stamping
A really Fab Tag!

Jools x

Anneke said...

This is gorgeous. Anneke.

Lisa H said...

I am very glad your tag came over for a visit. ;-) It's wonderful and makes me happy too. Thank you for joining us this month at Inspiration Journal. =)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh my word...gorgeous Terry! LOVE the colors and the splatter texture, but the main butterfly and little ones in the film strip are GRAND!!! What a gorgeous take!!!

Unknown said...

What gorgeous dimension in your tag Terry. Thank you for sharing this as well with us over at IE

Blog Archive